Also known as service arbitrage, drop servicing can be thought of sub-contracting in the online world. Drop servicing is a business model in which you agree to provide a particular service to a client, and then outsource that work to a third party or a freelancer. The commission you earn in between paying the freelancer and the money your client owes you will be your profit.
Drop servicing has become one of the most profitable online businesses in 2020, and the greatest benefit of this business model is that there is no need for you to put in an initial investment. All you need to have is a good sales pitch, and a great niche picked out to begin your services.
You can either decide to provide just one service, or you can offer a whole range of services. The important part here is that your earning potential on drop servicing depends on the type of niche you choose and whether it is profitable or not. Initially, many people find themselves confused about what niche to pick. There are many profitable drop services you can choose from. One of the top drop servicing ideas for 2020 has emerged as graphic design. Graphic designing is one of the most profitable services you can offer to your clients. Here’s everything you need to know about one of the top drop servicing ideas for 2020 – graphic design.
Graphic Design as a Drop Service Business
Graphic design helps people solve problems through simple illustrations, visual communications, typography, and photography. The demand for graphic design has been growing in leaps and bounds in recent times as more and more companies look for expert graphic designers to complete their assignments. By applying visual hierarchy and attractive page layout techniques, graphic designers can today use pictures and typography to change the entire look and feel of user experience. Graphic design in 2020 as a drop service niche is all about aesthetic appeal and marketing.
If you search on Google trends, you will notice that in the last five years, the demand for graphic design services has been growing rapidly, and the demand continues to rise at a steady pace. This is a good indication that graphic design is an excellent niche to consider since there is high demand, which translates to a high potential for a lot of clients.
Here are some of the services or sub-segments of graphic design you can consider for drop servicing opportunities:
- Logo design
- Business card design
- Banner ad designing
- Flyer designs
- PowerPoint presentations
- Social media post design
- Brochure design
You can either pick and choose one of these services, or you can decide to offer a couple of them together. Many people also consider offering their graphic design services as a bundle option, in which they include 3 to 4 of the services mentioned above.
Pros and Cons of Choosing Graphic Design as a Drop Service Business
Picking graphic design service as your drop servicing business can be an exciting and exhilarating adventure. It’s not necessary for you to know how to do graphic designing yourself, as you will be outsourcing the work to a freelancer.
Let us look at some of the main benefits of choosing graphic design as a drop service business:
- Better pay: Graphic design businesses usually charge a fair price per project. This allows you to earn more per project and with a far higher margin, as compared to what you can make in other fields of work.
- Multiple Upsell Opportunities: The field of graphic design allows you to expand your business with your clients following a successful project, as design needs of new businesses often come in well-known patterns. For example, when you provide logo designing to a client, and they like your work, they may continue to hire you for other services such as website design, brochure design, etc.
One of the key drawbacks of choosing graphic design as a drop service niche may include:
- Multiple revisions: You might have some projects that involve multiple revisions. Remember that the work involved in graphic design is more or less a type of gamble that you play on whether the client will like the design or not. So you should be ready to carry out a couple of revisions, or the client may even order the work to be redone from scratch. It is always better to have a pre-decided number of revisions with your freelancer and your client before you accept the project.
Platforms for Outsourcing your Drop Service Business
There is no doubt that graphic design is one of the top drop servicing ideas for 2020. However, with an influx of platforms and websites offering graphic design services, it becomes challenging to choose where to find your ideal freelancer.
Here are some of the best freelancing platforms that can help you find the right freelancer for your graphic drop service business:
- Fiverr: This popular freelancing platform is used by many small businesses to hire graphic designers. This platform is known for its user-friendly interface and has a huge range of visual design categories to find everything in one place itself. Be it designing a business card or a logo design, Fiverr helps you find freelancers for every graphic design work.
- UpWork: UpWork is today the world’s most popular and largest freelancing platforms. There are over 300,000 graphic designers available on UpWork, and with so many options, you will not have any trouble in finding the right freelancers for your graphic design drop service business. The platform also has a built-in work diary that helps you keep track of the hours your freelancer is spending on your project.
- Freelancer.com: Another popular freelancing platform is freelancer.com. This platform can also help you find the right candidate for your graphic design jobs. Through this platform, it is possible to hire them full-time or just for a part-time role.
Selecting graphic design as your drop service business idea will enable you to explore endless possibilities to make a profit. Drop servicing allows you to be your own boss and by picking graphic design, which is one of the top drop servicing ideas for 2020, you will find yourself getting many more orders to earn a healthy profit. So, find a graphic designing expert right away and start promoting your drop service business niche at the earliest.