Drop servicing is a business model that sells digital services instead of physical products. You can sort of think of it like sub-contracting of the online world. Since you will be selling Drop Service instead of actual physical products, it makes it easier to manage the work and also makes it more profitable. There are lesser overhead costs associated with running an online service business, and the profit margins are much bigger.
Drop servicing has been growing in leaps and bounds in recent times, with the business model taking over the internet by storm. The biggest attraction of drop servicing is that you do not need to create, deliver, or even understand the service you are providing. All you need to do is pick up the project from a client and pass it on to an outsourced third party to do it for you at a profit. The only thing you need to do is repackage, structure, and brand the talents of your freelancer under your drop servicing business.
Read on to know everything about programming as a drop servicing niche.
Programming Services as a Drop Service Business
Programming can be an extremely profitable drop service business for you because programming jobs tend to command a higher fee, meaning more profit for you. There are many options related to programming that you can choose from. For example, if you find a freelancer who is a generalist programmer, he/she will be able to take on all types of programming assignments across a variety of industries.
On the other hand, if you have a freelancer who is a specialist computer programmer, then they would be more comfortable working in a particular industry or have a specific skill set or know a specific programming language, such as PHP. It’s totally up to you to decide what type of programming service you want to offer.
Here is a list of some common sub-segments you can choose to offer if you decide to go with the top drop servicing idea of 2020 – that is, programming:
- Development of mobile and desktop apps
- Coding WordPress and PHP
- SaaS development
- Shopify customization
- Creation of plugins
- Database set up
- Chatbot creation
- Designing Oracle APEX-based applications
- Optimizing e-commerce websites
- Solving issues in CSS, JS, and MySQL
As you can see, there is a wide range of programming services you can choose from. However, you also need to keep in mind that your freelancer should be adept at doing the projects in the selected segment of programming.
Pros and Cons of Choosing Programming Services
Programming is the term used for the process of designing and creating any executable computer program that can achieve a specific computing result.
Every time we think we have seen the end of programming as a happening niche to work in, along comes a new niche or new technology, and the field is back in focus. With more and more businesses needing different types of development services, choosing programming as your drop service business model can help you build a successful setup in no time. However, like any other field of work, there are certain advantages and disadvantages to choosing programming as a drop servicing niche as well.
Here are some of the benefits of choosing programming as a drop service niche:
- High demand: Every company and business owner is looking to scale and digitize their products and services, which is why if you choose programming as your niche, you will be sure that you will keep getting work. Even Google trends indicate that the term ‘programming’ has been growing steadily in the last five years, thus showing the enormous potential of this niche.
- Higher profit margin: Programming projects are technical in nature and, therefore, command a higher pay per project. You will be able to charge much more in this niche than you would in other fields such as writing, for example.
However, one of the key drawbacks of choosing programming posting as a drop service niche may include:
- Misquoting a price: Sometimes, it may happen that after starting a project, your freelancer comes to realize that there is much more work involved than they have quoted for. It is, in fact, quite common in projects that involve app development. In such cases, it can lead to a highly awkward situation of having to go back to the client to ask for more money. It may even lead to the cancellation of the project.
Platforms for Outsourcing your Drop Service Business
If you have decided to go ahead with programming as your drop service niche, then the most important thing to keep in mind is that you need to hire a talented freelancer who can deliver top-notch work for you. Here are some of the best freelancing platforms to choose your programmer from:
- Upwork.com: Upwork is the most popular freelancing job platform to find programmers. You can find freelancers who are specialists in various fields such as mobile app development or webs development, or you can choose to work with a generalist programmer, who might cost you more.
- Golance.com: Golance has been gaining popularity and is worth looking into as it has a huge range of freelance programmers. You can find both specialist and generalist programmers on golance.
- Fiverr: Fiverr is another well-known freelancing platform, and you can not only find programmers on Fiverr but also reach out to find potential clients.
When choosing a platform, it is always better to find out if they have any charges for making a hiring profile or if you can make a profile for free and pay to the freelancer directly at a later stage.
The most essential part of running a drop service business is to choose the field you want to work in and that you will enjoy. There is no shortage of areas to choose from – from graphic designing to blogging – the options are aplenty. However, with programming being one of the top drop servicing niche ideas for 2020, running a programming business model can prove to be a lucrative prospect.
Also Check : Drop Servicing Niche: Digital Marketing Services